my funny family

my funny family

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas

Yikes! Have I mentioned that this is my very first Christmas that I won't be at my Mom's house??? Yes, I'm 38 years old and totally have to be home with my mom for Christmas. This year it was crazy expensive to fly home and no frequent flyer tix were available so we're going 2 weeks after in January and having a mini-Christmas so it really will be fine (that's what I keep repeating to myself...)
BUT, I've commited myself to having Christmas at my house with Aaron's parents. it really does make more sense because it is really more about Andrew than any of us (ok, I keep repeating that to myself too.) And I don't want to drive all over for presents then dinner over there and all of that jazz. So, Christmas Eve I'm making a breakfast casserole, and then we're going to the Springs for funny presents and soup dinner with my extended family in the evening. Then Christmas morning the in-laws are coming over here for breakfast, presents and supper/games/tv/naps - whatever. I'm also planning this supper which is getting more and more fancy in my dumb head. I did find a mushroom stuffed roast that I can put together a day or so ahead today that sounds really yummy though. I'm trying really hard not to be an overachiever but it just isn't working! Oh well, I guess that's what us mom's and daughter-in-laws do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're my hero! I've been to the grocery store 3 times this week (so far) and I'm not even the one hosting the festivities! I know you'll do a great job...and your kids will love you for it. (that's what I keep telling myself)