my funny family

my funny family

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Random Thoughts!!

Ok, time for an update to my life these days. Not that anything is really different really, just time for an update here before the cobwebs get too thick!
I have managed to move a bit of the clutter out and around. We had a big trash day this week. I even made Aaron help me out this weekend so it was a family effort! I got the infant car seat out of the dining room (yeah, that one was really really overdue...) and I have a system, yes, a system for mail & receipts now. No more junk mail piled up! I'm coming up on PMS time and I know I'm going to need some help getting through it without getting to grumpy so this should make some good steps!
what else...
I have all of my Christmas shopping done!! I have to wrap everything and send a box to MN (but not by Christmas - whew!) and work on a Christmas/New Year's letter. But the shopping is all finished - YAY!! Andrew's getting lots of small Star Wars legos so we now have to really work on keeping them out of Katie's mouth.
He got up cold early this morning and came to cuddle with me in bed. I know that I don't want that to be a habit, but I sure enjoy it every once in a while. Waking up with a warm little person hugging up on me is such a sweet moment I really try to cherish it. I like to think about Katie joining us after a while too, it is hard to imagine now but I know she will after she's out of her crib.
Ok, off to work on catching up Quicken. I'm making good headway on that too. Then we can really work on our budget and be realistic about spending $$. I'm not doing so well on that right now - I have checks so there must be $$ - right? I need to be a better steward of God's money and part of it is getting a handle on where we've been spending.
Thanks friends!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya sista. I'm supposed to have my period for Christmas too! I keep hoping it'll come early so my PMS doesn't interfere. Yikes. And I hear ya on the money. In fact I think you might've just challenged me to start entering our accounts into Quickbooks. We'll see...ask me in January...
Thanks again for watching the kiddos last night - that was such an amazing gift to the rest of us. And I know you had better things to be doing!!! The jewels on your crown just got bigger baby.