my funny family

my funny family

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Andrew Update... (i know, tmi. but it's my blog!)

So we’ve taken away all of his big boy toys, underwear, video games, tv, etc. and as he has continued to poop in his pants, we asked him what else we were going to take away so he’s lost some books, his chair at the table (booster chair now) and finally Daddy went to his beloved pacifier (nuka). He would be sad about things for a few minutes and then seem to be ok. Until we got to the nuka. He was pretty upset when it came to bedtime and he didn’t get to have it, we talked it through while he cried so he totally understood why.
So we’ve had a few more poop sits the last few days and he’s even initiated a few (finally!). Yesterday he woke me up from my nap to tell me that he was sitting on the potty – yay!!! So he got some skittles when we went to the store to reward him for sitting on his own. We had a looong nap yesterday so he was still up late last night and about 11:15 he told me he had to pee and I told him ok, then he came back into my room and whispered in my ear… “mommy, mommy… I just went poop in the potty!” I flew out of bed to see and sure enough! That naked little boy had done it all by himself!!! There was a major happy dance in the middle of the night in our house last night!! We even woke up Daddy!
So he’s earned back some big boy privileges for today but he knows he has to earn them again for tomorrow. He already sat on the potty this morning on his own to make sure he didn’t have any poop and he says he’s really proud of himself.
I can't tell you how relieved and hopeful this mommy is today! I had a long thankful prayer last night about this boy and how he's finally seeming to turn the corner. I'm trying not to have my hopes up too high, but this is pretty darn exciting!!

2 comments:

Chris, Tina, Georgia and Reese said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Wahoo!

Happy dancing with you!

Kendra said...

Yipee!!! That is so awesome!! It's such a great feeling and relief. I hope he keeps on pooping in the potty!!