my funny family

my funny family

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Where have you been???

Well, I've been MIA for a long time it seems!
Summer has just been racing along and now preschool starts on Thursday. Preschool??? How can I be ready for Preschool??? Now I have to get him there by 9, all dressed with a lunch and clean face and all? Whew, that will be a fun challenge!
Although this week is full of challenges. Since Andrew is STILL refusing to poop on the potty, we're going to treat him like a 2 year old until he decides to be a big boy. So all big boy toys are gone and all other big boy privileges. Fun for mom. This just has to work!
I had a great staff retreat weekend, very relaxing, interesting about the church plant (lots to think & pray about there...) and challenging to my walk. I'm also reading "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" with my friend Laura which tied into the messages from this weekend.
"Come to Me, and I will give you rest" I really want that rest but He says COME to Me - I have to come to Him first. Sure seems like that there isn't time or energy to come to Him, but it is the only way to get that true rest. Doesn't make sense in my brain, but my soul longs for it. I can't even get to the next part about the yokes yet, I'm still processing the rest part :-)
Anyway, I love you all and have to be off, just wanted to fill in something here before I jump back on the roller coaster of life!

No comments: