my funny family

my funny family

Monday, January 21, 2008

Home again!

Well, our trip was really great except that Katie was really sick the whole time. Poor thing was just miserable but still was as cheerful as she could be. What a neat girl we've been blessed with! It was really great visting with Mom & Dad and my sister & her family! I got some neat Christmas presents and got to give mine out so that was lots of fun. I went to town at the knit shop near mom's house and loaded up on some really fun projects - wheeee! And we went to Ikea and only spent $55! That's pretty good for us! I just love that darn store - I really hope the rumors are true that it is coming here!
So now we're back and the weather is grey and yucky and my sinuses hurt and no one's taking care of me and I'm having a tough time not having a big ol' pity party. AND I'm having my period. Boo for me! Why is it so tough to be a mom and a woman sometimes??? I know I'm so blessed but I just can't get past the blues and the mountain of things I need to get done just to get by every day. Maybe someday one of us will figure it all out. :-) sure!
In the meantime I'll just keep knitting cute sweaters for Katie and funny felted snowmen!
Love you all!!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Well, I'm glad your back!! Glad to hear you had a good time with your family! I'll see you tomorrow night!

~AD said...

It sounds like you had a great trip!

Dude, the IKEA rumors are totally true. They have "property" purchased here! SQUEE!